Wednesday, June 3, 2009

dad

Dad has had an irregular heartbeat for at least three days. The upper chamber of his heart is "fluttering" instead of pumping strongly. The doctor has incr on eased one of his meds and put him on coumidin. We have to go back Friday for another ekg--we see the surgeon in the morning. He says he feels better tonight. Keep him in your prayers.

6 comments:

Michael said...

how are you doing today dad?

Mom said...

Dad update--He looks and says he feels better. We just got back from the surgeon and we had a good visit where his assistant answered all our questions. Dad's heart rate is still high and irregular but he is on all the righ meds to help him get back on track. The biggest danger is blood clots which is why he is on coumadin. We'll have to monitor that closely. The afib is probably temporary. He needs to keep on walking and needs to go slower with the PT. But, he really looks better and his cough is better too.

Debbs said...

that's good ...

one step at a time. dad (and me) have a hard time doing anything slow.

bless his heart (for real).

i love you dad ....

David said...

Dad I am glad to know you are doing better. I think it was all the excitement from Top Gear. You will just have to stick with watching golf for the short term.

Charlie said...

has anyone heard from Dan or Crystal?

Anonymous said...

I feel ok until I do anything and then I get pretty tried ... is that the a-fib or just recovering from the surgery? Who knows. We'll see the Dr who is going to perform the corrective surgery for the a-fib Monday. After that we can start planning our future.
Dad